Monday, November 30, 2009

A Debate for the Ages

Our debate on the Rwandan denocide was awesome!! It was probably one of the most excting classes we've had all year and I'm so glad I got to participate in it. I think the best part about it for me was that my group was the Red Cross! The Red Cross was the only group at the debate that wasn't at fault for anything, which meant that we basically got to lay the blame on whoever we wanted. We decided, however, that the group "worthy" of the blame was Belgium. So, we informed the rest of the organizations of this in our opening statemnent. Mr. Fielder said that we should really lay the blame on the other groups to start stirring the pot. This was fairly easy, and judging by the looks on "Belgium's" faces we had done just that. What was even funny was that half the time, groups wouldn't call on us to let it talk because we did B
nothing wrong and they were all probably just scared or our straightforwardness and they knew we were going to take it to em.

I hope we get to do this again. Next time I think it would be more interesting if my group was one of the groups at fault. It would be more difficult though, I can imagine. But I think I could handle it beacause I'm very comforthale in these type of debate type situations.

No comments:

Post a Comment